Samson Rust Converter is an anti-corrosive polymer based waterborne preparatory product for use on rusted mild steel.
Colour: Creamy White – converts to blue-black
- Corrosion protection to rusted surfaces eliminating need for intensive surface preparation.
- Burglar Bars, fencing, structural steel.
- Area where it is impractical or impossible to remove rust completely.
- Corrosion resistant – effectively stops further corrosion.
- Water insoluble after curing.
- Superior adhesion – converts to a firmly adherent bluish-black film.
- Easy application
- Can be over coated with water based and solvent paints.
THEORETICAL SPREAD RATE
- 12-14m² per litre per coat
- With a recommended DFT of 50 microns per coat.
- This is a guide only and the practical spread rate depends on substrate porosity and profile as well as technique and tools used
- Remove all loose rust using wire brush
- Remove oil, grease and other contaminants using suitable degreaser and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- In coastal areas ensure surface rinsed thoroughly to remove salt deposits before application.
- Apply in undiluted wet coats using brush or roller to ensure maximum penetration into remaining rust.
- Only decant what is required for application in order to prevent brush residue contamination of unused product.
- Conversion of rust will occur within 2-4 hours of application.
- Overcoat with Samson Metal Etch Primer and then Samson Roof Coat or any alkyd paint system.
- Do not apply if rain is expected.
- Samson Rust Converter is to be applied at temperatures between 10ºC and 40ºC.
- Do not apply emulsions directly to Samson Rust Converter.
- Not for use on galvanized iron substrates or surfaces with temperatures exceeding 60ºC
- Do not put used product back into the container, this will result in product gelling.
- Ensure container sealed tightly to avoid product going hard.
- Handle with care as product is acidic
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying
- Skin contact: Wash thoroughly with soap and water or recognized skin cleaner.
- Eye contact: Flush immediately with water and contact a physician.
- Respiratory problems: Remove affected person to fresh air immediately and contact a physician.
- Not for consumption. If swallowed, contact a doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. Drink water.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not pour down the drain
- Pack size – 20L buckets
- Touch dry – 30 minutes at 23ºC
- Hard dry – 1 hours at 23ºC
- Over coating time – 1 hour if over coating with itself, 4 hours for over coating with other paints
- Volume solids – ±41%
- Dry Film Thickness – 50 microns
- Application temperature – 10°C to 40°C
- Density – 1.1 – 1.25g /l
- PH – 1.5-3.5
- Flash point – Non flammable
- Shelf life – 6 months (dependent on storage conditions)
- Storage – Away from direct sun, heat and severe cold
Properties listed above are for guidance only and not a guarantee on performance.